Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Grateful

Spring Break was amazing to say the least... Being with everyone at the Place of Promise once again was an experience I will remember for the rest of my life. This time around, I had more conversations and got to know the residents better and learned more about Him. There were stories that broke me, they all know what it means to suffer and some of them had such a horrible childhood it moved me to tears to see where they are now... Seeing God work in their lives is absolutely incredible. They give me more reason to love Him and know how real He is and for that I am grateful. And as for Beth, seeing how God has been using her to touch these people's lives... Its just incredible! All glory to God!

Beth drove a van up to drop me back in school with all the ladies... It was a rather emotional farewell, especially on my part. I will not see some or perhaps most of them again, cause even when I return next time (not sure when), they might have completed the program... But He comforted me.

On another note, I am extremely pleased with the weather. There was SOOOO much snow when we left for Spring Break, probably 1 feet or higher. And it looked as if it was going to stay... But it's been so nice these few days, in the 40s-60 (5-20 C) during the day. I am honestly not sure how I'm going to take the heat when I go back home... Been too used to this weather. But as people said, I've not experienced a real winter... Well, thank God then.

One thing I really took from being at the Place of Promise is the importance of having a reading time. The residents have to read in the mornings for an hour or two everyday and I usually sat in with them though I didn't really have to... Having undisturbed, quiet time to read was something that I haven't really had since college begun... The only books I read, aside from what I read for devotion, are those that are required for classes and I have so much on my reading list to catch up on... Really trying to cultivate this habit now. Not easy but possible if I set my mind to it and get my priorities right.

51 days till I fly home, can't wait! :)

No comments: