Friday, March 2, 2012

Back Again

Spring Break officially starts tomorrow but I left college today cause my class ended at 11. Beth (the director of the Place of Promise) came to pick me up at 1..

I'm here now, extremely excited to be here... Just a few hours in and I am loving it already.... It was so great to see everyone here again and I'm just anticipating what God wishes to do through me here... And also in the lives of these people. Lots of things happened (some rather drastic) since I left two months ago but its all good now... At least He knows whats really going on...

Just being here, watching God work in people's lives is a blessing. It's painful sometimes to listen to these people when they talk about their pain and helplessness.. At that moment you just wish you could help but there is really nothing you can do.. And I start to think, Lord, why? Why do these people have to have it so hard? But God is still God, He knows...

I heard a resident pray out loud during group today and I started tearing up. She was new when I came in the last time and she was not really interested in this whole God thing... But now she's stepped up to pray... What could be more beautiful?

The atmosphere is still rather unsettled sometimes, and only God's love can truly change this place. But I cannot deny the reality of His presence when I look at these people and see work in progress.... I look at myself and I see the same thing, we are all broken people who are in need for God whether we have had a history with drugs or alcohol or whatever it may be... We are all in need of His grace and mercy, we cannot go about on our own. I don't ever want to...

Grateful, just grateful. And I love Him more.

No comments: