Saturday, March 26, 2011

of dreams and plans

It's the #300th post. Not that the number bears any significance, but it seems alot, at least it is to me.

Anyway, as in my previous post, I've mentioned how I've been wait-listed and accepted, now I'm also rejected.

I applied to 9 colleges in the States, I know its a bit too much, but I was thinking more of more places, more chances of getting accepted, even if its only one.

I'm also applying to NTU in Sg. As of now, I'm really not sure where I'll be going. But it's not a question of where I want to go, but where He wants to. That was always the case. I knew that my dreams are pointless, if they're not aligned with the plans He has for me.

"We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps." Proverbs 16:9

It's not easy, to give up our desires and dreams, but if we will remember who this God is, it won't be such a struggle. A good God only wants the best for His people, a Father would only give the best. I trust Him.

About the place I got accepted to, I'm grateful that I got in, and thank God because the scholarship/aid they gave is pretty good though it would still be a bit costly to go there. My mum told me not to set my heart too hard on going there, because I'd be disappointed if it doesn't work out. She's right, and I'm continuing to keep myself in check. I don't want to make the wrong decision only to regret. Well, I'm still yet to hear from the rest of the places to make my decision just yet.

I'm still waiting on Him, and I know He will lead me as I seek Him. My indecisiveness on a major might be worrying for some, but I don't see a problem.

My purpose in life? My ambition? My dream?

To see His will be done in my life. It's not easy, to live what I say, but it's not impossible.

There's nothing greater than living a life set and ready to do His will..

Our obedience should not be a compulsion but out of our love for Him.

God bless you all. :)

No comments: