Saturday, April 16, 2011

hungry yet?

I believe this will be my first food post, real food review. A friend complained that I always mentioned I ate something nice but NEVER mention where or what. (you know who you are, haha). So here I go. Pictures weren't taken by me.

Restoran Fai Kee @ Jalan Seenivasagam, Ipoh

The restaurant is famous for their Fish Head Noodles and Seafood Noodles.

I've only been there a few times, but the most recent visit there, just 3 days ago made me want to post this up. It's too good not to share.


Fish Head Meehoon with Evaporated Milk.

For those of you who have never eaten fish head noodles, I really don't know what to say.

Anyway, it comes with deep fried pieces of fish in soup. This shop has two types of fish; dory and garoupa. One thing good about this place is that the fish has a lot of meat unlike most stalls that give you mostly bones.

There are two choices of soup, one is the sourish, Teochew style soup base which you can also have with evaporated milk; the other is clear soup broth. However, I still prefer the one with milk.

There are also varieties of noodles to choose from; Yellow Mee, Meehoon, Kueytiao, Lou Shi Fun and the Thick Meehoon (my favourite) though it finishes fast.

This is AWESOME stuff, chicken + fish meat.. It tastes like fried fish cake but the texture is slightly different.

I haven't tried the Seafood Noodles myself but I reckon its pretty good.

Price wise, it's around RM5-6 per bowl depending on what you call. Not too cheap but definitely value for money. Enough said, it's a MUST TRY. If you're not from Ipoh, pay a visit and I'll bring you there. Haha.

No comments: