Thursday, August 11, 2011

feelings

Feelings - they can never be trusted.
I've gone through the cycle again and again
And it all ends up the same.
Gone as if it were never there.
In fact, as I look back at most
I can only ask myself why it started
Yet not understand.

I'm here once again
And it's been awhile at that -
That I've been free from any attachments
Free from the feelings
Sometimes there's pleasure tied to it
When you think of the person ever so frequently
You wonder what he's doing
And if he ever thinks of you
Yet at the end of the day
You only sigh to know
That everything is just in your head
It will never be a reality
The truth certainly hurts.

I want to remind myself of these worthless infatuations
Because when I enter this phase again,
The same illusion begins.
It will seem so important yet turn into
Nothing at the end of the day
How do I tell what's real from what's not?
How do I stop the feelings when it comes so fast?
The answer is not to stop
But not to let it rule
The heart will want to follow
But we are all left with a choice.
The best thing we all can do
Is to submit our feelings
No they won't go away
But He'll take care of it, He will.

When I'm at it again, I'll remember
How it'll all come to nothing once again.
Even if it were to grow into something more,
I'll let Him guide me.
And I'll see what I've never seen before.
Something so beautiful only He can conjure.

No comments: