Monday, January 30, 2012

Two more days and it'll be February. Wow.

The spring semester started two weeks ago, work is starting to pile up. But I won't complain, I do like my classes. And being with my friends here again is certainly great. I had an amazing winter break which was more than I could ask for.

I posted my daily experiences at Place of Promise and took them all down just to be safe. Don't want to go against the confidetiality of the residents, not that I was told not to but yea. Anyway, if you want to read about what I really experienced, go here. I was told to do a write up on the place before I left and I did, and it was included in the newsletter to my surprise. Hope you are blessed, somehow..

I bought my flight ticket, will be back in May for 3 months. :)

Happy CNY, a tad late but oh well...

God bless, till then!

2 comments:

Eric said...

Hi, Serene.

I've just managed to find time to read the January Place of Promise newsletter. To my surprise, I read that a fellow Malaysian went there to serve. I was there in the summer of 1996 when they were still in Lowell. I was at the U of Iowa then.

Just wanted to drop a line to let you know I can totally relate to what you experienced there and that it was good to see another Malaysian helping out that place. PoP's impact on my life still continues till today.

Also, do you know a Ms Khor Kheng Leik at Methodist College? Not sure if she joined before you left for US or not. Anyway, she was my boss at Inti College before she joined MCKL. Anyway, hope you have a good break. :)

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.