Monday, May 30, 2011

God is God

God is God and I am man
I can only see a part of the picture He's painting.

Jan Silvious, an author wrote 'I believe learning to content yourself begins with the acknowledgement that God is God are you are not.'

I couldn't agree more.

Isaiah 45:5,7 - I am the Lord. There is no other God; I am the only God. I made the light and the darkness. I bring peace, and I cause troubles. I, the Lord, do all these things.

Understanding His sovereignty sheds light on our humanity, helping us to realize we are His subjects.

Most of us know the story of Job and how he undeservedly went through all the suffering although he was 'blameless'. Why would God allow a righteous man to endure such pain in life? Job never got an answer; nor do we know it.

However, after much lament, (30+ chapters), God finally spoke and in 4 wonderful chapters, (Job 38-41); reminded Job of His sovereignty, supremity and power which left Job speechless and his only reply was:

Job 42:2-3 - “I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted. [You asked,] ‘Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge?’ Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know.

Which leaves me wondering... Who are we to question? The moment something goes wrong in our lives, we quickly ask God why. When we see someone else doing better than us, we often wonder if God knows we deserve that more than the other.... So many times we argue, we question, we complain and very often, are left worse than before we ever asked.

But when we begin to comprehend who God is, things begin to change. We find ourselves content although we don't understand a lot of things. Questions and things that use to confound us no longer effect how we see God. In fact, we are brought even closer to Him for the very reason that He is God and we are not.. Do you see what I see?

And so, with this truth, let us not now worry about this and that. But realize how BIG, how GREAT God is. He's immeasurable, He's immense.

Oh how silly we can be when we question. Even with the answers, we are often discontent. If God wants to reveal them to us, so be it. If not, let us just be glad that He is the God of the universe. If He could oversee EVERYTHING, how could He not know whats going on in our lives.

We will never understand everything. We will never comprehend Him fully. But one thing is enough; He is God, not me, not you, not anyone in this world.

It's time we rightfully give back what belongs to Him:- ourselves

No comments: