Monday, July 25, 2011

I was in KL yet again over the weekend for the US Apps Workshop for the second time around and as a facilitator this time around. The facilitator group was made up of those who studied/ are studying/going to study in the States. You can read about my previous experience here.

When I read it over, all I can say is Wow.

Many people talk about how tedious it is, how they had sleepless nights and often felt like they didn't want to go on. I have to admit I did feel kinda tired sometimes during the application process and there were times I asked why I'm even doing it. But I never felt that I couldn't go on because I knew He would carry me through. And I can only thank Him, never enough but I thank Him anyway.

The workshop this time around wasn't that mentally exhausting since I didn't really have much information to process. I was in charge to speak along with two others for the Financial Aid portion and though I was initially unsure how to go about it, He filled me with peace and I guess it went okay.

But more than that, I would remember the people I met. I barely knew any of the facilitators yet over two days, I made lots of new friends and there are those whom I hope will continue to be close to although we'll be dispersed all around the States. And I realized what a small world this is having met so many people I have mutual friends with!

One thing that struck me during the workshop was when some facilitators shared how the US experience really opens up one's mind and changes the person to think differently or at least look at things widely.

I'll post my feelings on that in another post. I'm done for now.

Thank You.

2 comments:

Mei Xian said...

All the best in US. =)

serene said...

Hey, thanks! Hope we can meet again before I leave, maybe during results day or something :). All the best for your future undertakings as well.