Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Word For The Weary

Nothing much to blog about today except for the fact that I'll be taking my driving test tomorrow. It was supposed to be last week, but I went to Cherating, so I postponed it. Which turned out to be a good thing, cause I get to practice more. Had the last hour and one extra yesterday morning which was pretty funny cause after not touching the car for two weeks, it was kinda rusty for awhile. So I had to take another two hours today.. Even though I'm not THAT prepared I know that trusting Him is the only thing I can do right now.

And it brings me to realize that every single thing in our lives should be brought before Him in prayer.. Oh how easily we forget the fact that He's watching over us, waiting for us to call upon Him.. And how often we overlook the need to come to Him in prayer, even in the smallest matters. After all, He is God. Therefore, He deserves All we could possibly give to Him.. It's so beautiful to know that our Father smiles down from Heaven when our hearts are trusting and devoted to Him..

John 14:1 - "Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God and trust also in me."

Dear restless heart, be still; don't fret and worry so;
God has a thousand ways His love and help to show;
Just trust, and trust and trust, until His will you know.

Dear restless heart, be still, for peace is God's own smile,
His love can every wrong and sorrow reconcile;
Just love, and love, and love and calmly wait awhile

Dear restless heart, be brave; don't moan and sorrow so,
He has a meaning kind in chilly winds that blow;
Just hope, and hope, and hope, until your braver grow.

Dear restless heart, recline upon His breast this hour,
His grace is strength and life, His love is bloom and flower;
Just rest, and rest, and rest, within His tender power.

Dear restless heart, be still! Don't struggle to be free;
God's life is in your life, from Him you may not flee;
Just pray, and pray, pray, till you have faith to see. Eddith Willis Linn

There's nothing my God cannot do.

No comments: