Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Valentine Indeed

Valentine's Day has no significance to me. Because I don't believe that there's only ONE day in which you do whatever people do on this very day. Every day is an opportunity to show your love for your family, friends and loved ones. But most importantly, to Him.

Anyhow, I do ponder on this day. And I want to love Him so much more than I do right now..

With all my heart,
With all my soul,
With all my might,
I want to love You Lord.

It's also a reminder for us to genuinely love each other.

Romans 12: 9-10 - Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection and take delight in honoring each other.


There's always a certain mindset we tend to have when it comes to special events. For Valentine's, people usually think it's just for couples. How easily we forget that it all means NOTHING when God doesn't take first place; when our love for Him is not present in our hearts. So, if you haven't already thought about it.. If you have been feeling slightly upset due to being single while people have their 'dates'. (Nothing unusual). Always remember that when His love occupies our hearts, and when we respond to Him, we will find exceeding joy and a growing capacity to love, and slowly, when our hearts are full with love, we will begin to overflow into the lives of the people around us. =)

Cause I am nothing, I am nothing without You.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amen..amen..
really agree with what you said.
If we do not learn to love Him first, we will not know how to love others..
1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us.