Wednesday, February 4, 2009

When a Nursery Goes Wild...

It leaves me mentally and physically exhausted.

Picture this:

10 kids sitting on chairs, while ABC's are being flashed.

I'm the only one with them in the hall. And suddenly, one starts shouting. Followed by a train of shouts from the other kids.

I ask them to stop. But my polite request was drowned by the noise. Not wanting to seem rude, I ask them again. Second attempt failed.

Instead, 8 of them get off their chairs and start running around. One girl grabs a toy and the other kids start pulling it away from her. They start teasing and pinching her. She cries.

I try to stop them, and manage to after awhile. But, they refuse to sit!

They continue shouting and some screaming. And then there were the complains: "Teacher, he beat me!" etc.

I try to calm them down for the next five minutes but I failed yet again!

And this went on for at least 20 minutes. Till the other teacher who was in the kitchen came out with a cane..........

So, maybe it isn't as bad as it sounds. But trust me, it really does wear you out. I think and I know that the reason why they don't really listen to me is cause I don't scold them enough. So yeah, they take advantage. It just feels weird today cause usually it isn't like this. They can usually be under control. Well, despite everything, of course I'm still gonna continue working. I don't think there's any reason for me to stop. And just by being among them, I learn alot from them as well. Which are to come later. I will retire early tonight, hopefully.

6 comments:

Philemon said...

Heheh...at least you don't have your own brother in your class...throw in Ben too hahah and imagine the horror!

serene said...

you got that right. i think i'll be mentally retarded already if that happens. hahahha

Jeremy "KC T3h n00bKilleR" Tan said...

Hehe, I worked in a day care centre before and had kids shout foul language at me. You man what, go smack them like how I did lah lol!

serene said...

jeremy: haha, cannot smack, must be nice. hahaha, smacking isn't always the way =p

Anonymous said...

What about killing? I'm sure you can kill some kids? LOL

serene said...

stv: thanks for the great idea! maybe i'll do that sometime. hahahah