Tuesday, May 25, 2010

people get ready

I initially loathed Idol this year cause the quality was far from good; except for a few. But as I watched, I guess I didn't hate it so much and ended up having a few favourites. So now it's down to Lee and Crystal. Not surprised, most people expected it anyway. Finale's happening tonight in America and I hope Crystal wins, though I have a feeling Lee has a higher chance. She's really good, and different from any other female contestant on the show. I don't dislike Lee, but I don't fancy him cause I stubbornly feel that no one can come close to David Cook and in the rocker genre, only he stands out for me. IMO, there's not been anyone more original, really talented with performances that just blow you away. 

Speaking of which, here's one of Crystal's performances that left me with goosebumps. I was moved just watching it. A must watch. :)



I've never heard this song prior to Idol but now that I have, I think it's a really great song. It's gospel-influenced, not necessarily Christian but I think the message it brings leave us with a lot to think about.

Just my own interpretation of the song.. 

People get ready, there's a train a comin'
You don't need no baggage, you just get on board
All you need is faith to hear the diesels hummin'
Don't need no ticket, you just thank the Lord

I think too often, we overlook the importance of faith and try to do this and that, bringing our baggages along with us. Our baggage could be in the form our our burdens, loads and worries. All that we find hard to leave behind. But we need to realize that faith is what will bring us through and deeper in our relationship with Him. We need to leave the rest behind. And we should thank Him, for His mercy and grace, that has opened the door for us to live a new life. 

There ain't no room for the hopeless sinner
Who would hurt all mankind just to save his own
Have pity on those whose chances grow thinner
For there's no hiding place against the Kingdom's throne

I like this verse too; it's message is quite obvious. No one is excluded from the Kingdom of God. We can all identify with being a hopeless sinner, selfishly living for ourselves. Whether or not we realize it, all of us have been here (maybe we still are). And He, the perfect One, would accept us all; no one is excluded.

Simply amazing, His love.

People get ready, cause He is coming. It's never too late to know Him, it's never too late come back. There's a love, that surpasses all understanding. And it's already here. :)


No comments: