Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I've found a new joy in His presence, new joy in being with Him everyday. No wonder I've been so empty; I haven't been coming to Him enough. There's been so many distractions in my life; so many unnecessary things.. Trying to cut down on my time online; I'm limiting myself now... It's not exactly a really hard thing to do to be honest... I just realized how much time I've wasted; guilty...

I am really tired right now; physically.. The past weeks have been tiring (particularly last week) and this week is packed with long college hours and practices; it's a joy though... Assignments piling up, coursework left unattended; applications not started on, trials coming up... the list will go on. Yet I'm not moved; I'm not afraid. For He is with me, He is my strength and He will never fail.

Just a few insights;

1. The knowledge and a deeper understanding of His love will change us if we open up our hearts... It is impossible not to be changed when we realize how much He's given to us...

2. Living a life apart from Him is meaningless; worldly pursuits fade in time. (more on this later)

3. Everything will fade away; He alone shall remain.. That in itself is such an amazing thing.. 

4. Rest is not something He gives; it is in Him we find rest; not a thing to be taken apart. 

5. Being still requires us to just be quiet; not to ask Him anything; not to utter anything; but just waiting upon Him.

6. The closer we get to Him; the more we grow in our relationship with Him; the lesser our desire will be for the things of the world... 

Indeed, You are all I need in this life. 


No comments: