Tuesday, October 5, 2010

his love

Ephesians 3:18-19 - And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep, his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

Just last Monday, I was in the train back to KL in the morning. And when I closed my eyes, I suddenly saw a mental picture; it was a picture of a cup and a HUGE container. I couldn't see how big the container was, but it seemed to have no end to its size. I began to think what it could possibly mean and as I continued to ponder, I felt the Lord was reminding me of His love.

The cup represents our lives and the container represents all that is of Him; His love. Every day, we must come to Him with our cup that can only contain small portions. The container has no limit in size, just like how His love is.. He wants to fill our cups daily, with the knowledge and experience of His love. And as we faithfully come to Him with our cup, He will fill it more and more each day. But it doesn't stop here, we should not be content with just being 'full' but for our cup to overflow continually. David said "my cup overflows, surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life"Indeed, it is when our cup overflows that His love will begin to permeate each and every area of our lives, and eventually, His love will be too much to contain that we begin to "overflow" into the lives of those around us. 

Can there be anything greater than knowing how much He loves you? 

You can search the whole world and you will never find greater love than this.

Yet aren't we always guilty of searching for other loves? I myself would admit that I often forget that it is in His love I am made complete - He is more than enough for me.

The knowledge and understanding of His love transforms us - as we open up our hearts... Never be content, never be satisfied... 

Indeed, His love knows no bounds.


No comments: