Tuesday, January 18, 2011

questions without answers

"It seems like the more I know, the less I understand."

I find it so true now.

My first paper is tomorrow today; it's Religious Studies. I was keen on taking the subject ever since I heard it was offered in college; c'mon, it's Methodist College. Although I couldn't take it in my first sem since no one else was taking it up, I managed to in my second sem. And I couldn't be more grateful.

My main reason for taking the subject isn't because I think I can ace it and get a free A (far from that really) but it's because I genuinely love it. What could be better than learning about Him? That's how I see it.

The main reason for this post is that I've realized how much I don't know and don't understand. And perhaps I never will.

For Unit 2, what I'm doing now, we have to choose a single topic, do our own research and produce an essay using our research material based on the prompt given during the exam. Of the 6 topics made available to us:

The Study of the New Testament
16 Religion and science
17 New Testament ethics and morality
18 Life after death
The Study of Christianity and the Christian Church
19 The development of the Church up to and including the Reformation
20 The Modern Period
21 Christian belief and practice

I chose the one in bold. Nothing captures my attention more than this and it has always been something I've often thought about. After reading all my past research materials I honestly feel quite lost. There's so many loopholes to the theories that people have conjured based on their interpretation of the Bible. Even within the Church, beliefs are divided.

But this cannot be a time for me to turn back on all that I've believed in. In fact, I'm inspired to continue in faith.

Perhaps I will post on what I've researched, to really give you guys something to think about.

Before I go I just want to say that our human mind can only understand so much; we will never be able to comprehend all that is in this life; especially when it comes to Him.

I surrender it all to You Lord, although I don't understand, I know that only You can reveal this knowledge to me. But more than anything, You desire that I continue trusting You. With this, I am at peace.

:)

1 comment:

Lawrence said...

That's an interesting topic. Do post about ur research in one of ur posts later. :)