Sunday, January 2, 2011

the past year

Wanted to do a picture post but I'm too lazy to find and upload them.

The year was great to say the least.

I'll just mark out the special highlights/events/dates of the year:

January: Edexcel exams; I remember missing Pangkor trip cause I needed to start studying (6 days before exams).

February: Orientation ball; it was okay.

March: The old CF committee stepped down; served as VP for a term (April-Oct). It was pretty demanding, but God led us through it. And of course, there was such a joy looking at the fruits of it all. It's all because of Him.

April: CF Easter Rally; it was good in its own way.

May: It was a tough period; probably the toughest in the whole year. Still it can't be compared to the pain of the previous years. God truly has brought me to a deeper level of trust and resistance.

I posted this then: Now, I'm left to recover. It will take time and I know it. But more than anything, I know who I really need. Only He can heal me of the pain I feel right now. I don't feel so bad cause I know it'll be over someday.

I am over it. The healing process came even quicker than expected, as always. He truly amazes me.

June: Exams again... And World Cup... What a bad combination. Struggled to study but by His grace, I was blessed with the results that I don't deserve.

July: Semester 3 in college started. For most of my batch mates, it would be the last but not for me. BBQ Nite/McRave was held the same month. I came as Jungle Girl/Woman/Pebbles just for laughs.

August: Phase 1 begun.

September: And it ended. CF Camp from 9-12 Sept. It was amazing. He was amazing. Though I was so caught up with planning and making sure things were running as planned; as camp commenced, I soon began to see the work He was doing and I just got blown away. I was busy in camp but He still spoke so much to me. And it was a challenge for me to grow even more. To see hearts returning to Him, hearts finding Him, hearts yearning for Him - something I wouldn't trade for. Our God truly is Love. And nearly everyone experienced Him in some way. I'm sure it was a life-changing camp for many. All glory to God.

October: October 13's the day. Phase 2 began. :). Oh and CF had High Praise on the 15th; we had practices two weeks before right up till the day. It was also amazing how God moved and worked through it all. Also made me realize things. Started attending a new church, I believe He had it all planned out, unbeknown to me

November: Turned 19; had a celeb by friends at Mid Valley. Thanks again guys. Went to Sg. Congkak with friends; it was a nice time out. Took the IELTS, got rather good results. Praise God.

December: Took the SAT and results are so-so; somewhat above average. Fell abit short of what I hoped for, but I didn't put in much effort so its already better than what I deserve. Learning to be grateful in all things. He is the giver after all. Went for Youth Camp at PD, it was also good. In the sense where God spoke and reminded me about alot of things and challenging me once again. Christmas! I was busy before it cause of applications. But this year, a new Christmas hope burned within me; that its really all about Him and how we should appreciate this gift He has given to us. And that the greatest gift we can give Him in return is really ourselves - every part of us.

I can go on and on about how much He's taught me; perhaps I will summarize it in another post.

To speak of Your faithfulness in my life; no words will ever be enough...

You are faithful; always.

No comments: