Monday, January 19, 2009

5th International Students' Camp (Part Three)

Here's the third and final part regarding the camp.

Saturday, 3rd January 2009 (Day 9) ~ It was the BIG Day. At least, that was what we were told. The International Youth Rally and Carnival which was planned WAY ahead of time.. We had a few briefings concerning this day prior to the event. By 2pm, we were all gathered at MYC. There were quite many people there already. Volunteers and helpers from the various churches in Ipoh.. Also, the four youth bands were there to do the sound check etc.

While waiting for the carnival to begin, most of us just hanged around in the hall. That morning, our Quiet Time task was to draw a fish anywhere on our arm.. So it was funny to spot those who didn't do their QT.

Just ONE of those Conversations:
SC - "Where's your Fish? I wanna see.."
Friend - "What Fish?"
Everyone - "Hor, didn't do Quiet Time."..
Friend - ????

And he did it immediately. Haha

Our QT Fishes.. Which is the nicest? =P

Some of the Campers chilling before the carnival..

At 4.00, the Carnival began.. It was already raining but by the grace of God, people still came.. Even though the number of people were much less than expected, at least people still showed up. There were quite many stalls.. Hanny, the only girl from Indonesia, had RM40 worth of coupons.. She told me I could take some from her, so I took a RM10 booklet.. And I spent RM20 on food alone. But I wasn't so greedy to buy everything for myself la. Malaysian food still rocks! =D

The Philippines' booth

The Korean booth

Charmaine, Amanda and Linus from KL..

Peninsular Malaysia's booth.. Do you notice something wrong? HAHA. =P

At around 5.30, the Hip-Hop Dance Competition began.. I think there were 12 contestants and 6 of them were ISC Campers.. 4 from Japan, 1 from the Philippines and 1 from South Korea.

Miguel (Philippines), Shingo and Fumika from Japan

While waiting for the dance.. The Semi-Finalists

The Japanese with their own dance..

Fumika =). She got third btw..

I cheered too much. Even though I was already on the verge of losing my voice. I can't remember a time where I've cheered for my friends that much. Haha. Right after the dance, I RAN back to the changing room upstairs. Nearly all the campers were already in their national costumes, so I had to hurry. Cause it was nearly 6.30 and the International Parade was about to begin. And being the SU Flag Bearer, I had to be first.

All of the ISC Campers on the stage.. Part of the Parade

The International Parade started with all the flag bearers marching onto the stage, followed by everyone else. Then the Japs, Koreans, Malaysians and the Cambodian girl presented their items.

The Japanese with their performance =)

Koreans.

Worship

The Human Train.. Hugo sesat.. HAHA

Cheese!

Mr. Chito (Philippines), Yeon Hoon (Korea), Madoka and Aika, Yoon-Ku and Ha-Young from Korea..

And finally, the last picture I took before the day ended.

Ken, Me and Mamoru. Both from Japan. He had no better pose. >.<. Haha

Overall, the rally was great. Though the expected 2000 people obviously didn't turn up. But then again, there were people saved that night.. And that's what matters most.. If all the efforts were put in just to touch ONE soul, it is indeed worth it.. After all, we know, that the angels in heaven rejoice over one soul who repents. =). By the time the rally ended, some campers already started crying, and yes I did too.. Just a little.. It was the last night, so I guess that explains it.

Sunday, 4th January 2009 (Day 10) ~ It was the LAST Day.. Woke up early in the morning and went to Wesley for service. We all went to different churches, depending on our foster families.. After service, all of us who went to Wesley walked to the MYC. And just chilled.. The other campers started coming back to the MYC. The Japanese were to leave for KLIA at 12.30p.m. Before they left, we said goodbye to them. I was hugging some of the good friends I made and suddenly, I lost it. I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. They were asking me not to cry, but I couldn't help it. And when I saw my best friend in camp, Hikari, she started crying as well. Anyhow, I followed them outside to the bus.. Some of the Japanese girls were crying as well. But other than that, everyone was pretty fine. It was funny, cause they were watching me and a few others as if it were some drama. But then again, it was fine with me.

It took me nearly an hour to fully stop crying. My eyes were swollen by then.. It was very hard for me to accept that I wouldn't be seeing my friends anymore.. At least not for many years.. It just wouldn't be the same. The Koreans were supposed to leave at 2. I went off around 1.. After bidding goodbye!

While waiting for everyone to arrive at MYC

Charmaine, Me, Jazgul and Nursultan from Kyrgyzstan

That's all folks. =D. I will still post pictures and a few of the MOST MEMORABLE MEMORIES I had in camp. And maybe the people I will miss the most. =). God bless! Thanks for reading through, if you did.

No comments: