Saturday, January 17, 2009

Is it all worth it?

The Singapore plan I've had in mind for more than a year, changed in a matter of days. Going to KL was something I was against.. But now, that's where I'm heading to. Well, that's fine with me..

Then it comes to Subjects I have to choose for A-Levels in Arts.. I was so against taking up Maths.. I dropped Add Maths for SPM. And I know Maths in A-Levels is like Add Maths. I have zero knowledge in Add Maths.. Okay, maybe I do know a little.. But the prospect of going into something that I don't really like scares me.. Then I have my close friends who tell me that it doesn't make much of a difference whether you took Add Maths or not.. Because you WILL learn it in A-Levels.. And yeah, I guess they're right.. So yeah, I'll be taking Maths now because its much needed for the scholarship I want to get in the future even though I won't be having a Math related career.

And lastly, A-Levels requires constant effort, no slacking.. I have to study hard. I just have to. If you gave me these options a few weeks ago, I wouldn't even consider it. But right now, things have just changed.. I can't even believe I'm actually doing this.. So please, can anyone tell me, is it really worth it?

What if when I get through it, the thing I fear most becomes a reality?

2 comments:

pismayka said...

hmmm...i dunno if i can help 'cos i'm in a dilemma myself but someone once told me this that if that path is God's will for you, no matter how hard d road ahead might seem, and how afraid u might be, there'll be an inner peace.

continue 2 pray bout it my dear dear dear s.i.c!!!
May God's wonderful plans be fulfilled in your life!!
muax muax

serene said...

thanks.. i'll continue to pray.. face my fears (MATHS) ahha