Friday, April 17, 2009

ISCF Camp 09 (Part 1)

Since I'm free, I'll post about camp... (Only read on if you want to)

And I have no idea how to start... I quote Carl "Give me a few years to think..."

I took 30 minutes and I am still stuck..

Maybe it's because Lameness and Blurness from various people has infected me causing my brain to function slower than normal...

I need serious help!

Ok la, I'll just type whatever comes to mind so please bear with me. Hahaha.

I posted about what happened prior to the camp a few posts ago.. God was truly amazing.. Right up to after camp.. Since quite a few of you campers posted about camp from your point of view, I guess I'll do you a favour of how it was for the rest of us =).

Day 1- We boarded the buses and left Ipoh for GSBA.. The first bus was the Campers Bus.. And the second was the so-called Committee Bus.. In case you don't know, there were only 5 people in the Committee Bus on the way there... Namely Simon, Vincent, Rachael, Joshua Chen and me.. Simon and Rachael went to the other bus for awhile, but they came back cause it was TOO noisy.. LOL..

5 seems miserable.. But it was alright.. We wanted to sleep but I don't think anyone managed to.. So we watched movie la... The Sound of Music. The bus driver seemed pretty interested too.. Everytime the bus stopped, he would watch awhile.. Anyway, skip all these parts.

Started off with a short briefing and icebreakers.. Actually, the 5 of us were discussing about icebreakers in the bus and very lame ideas came out... Lame was not really defined properly as we were YET to see what it meant.. Some people will get this. Haha. Icebreakers were ok, except for the fact that the 'Lamest Joke Competition' failed miserably... But if we were to choose a winner now, I think the Super Ring one would win? LOL.

Fast forward to Session 1. God moved. To tell the truth, I wasn't so sure about how things were going to to turn out during camp.. And was quite worried.. But if I'm not mistaken, Ps. Ben prayed for the committee that night itself, and as for me, God did speak to me through him. Felt as if my burdens were lifted up. And from then on, I was relieved =). Not all hearts were ready to receive Him, but He went beyond all that.. There was more to come...

Committee meeting that night. Nothing much said. Except for the fact that you guys bonded well. And things were quite alright.

Day 2 - Everyone seemed to enjoy Move it Move it.. Haha... One thing we wanted to do this year was to make the exercise session more fun and less of the normal exercise routine.. I guess you guys got the best trainers: Simon and Joshua.. Anyone care to agree? Haha. Devotion time next.. And breakfast.

Once again, God moved in the midst of us. Session 2 touched a very intimate and powerful message - Understanding the Father Heart of God.. By learning more about our Father, we get to see more of who He really is.. and it inspires us to love and treasure Him even more.. At least, that was how it was for me.. And I was glad to see people respond when Ps. Ben called for those who've never been hugged by their fathers before.. I remember hugging a few as well, and I was touched too. =). But He didn't stop there..

We actually planned for a Simulation Game to take place before the Station Games.. It wasn't supposed to be the Slippers one.. But something much harder.. Come to think of it now, I'm not sure if it would've worked because it required alot of Brains and for some ppl.... HAHAHHA, jkjk. =P. Thank God for the good, good weather.. It was pretty sunny but at least it didn't rain.. Some went to the seashores to play after the station games and thanks to 'some' people, I didn't manage to leave the place with dry hair.. Ish..

Simon was kind enough to spend his money buying ice-creams for many people.. Since their wallets weren't with them.. And I pity Joshua for his TERRIBLE sunburn.. Poor Cinderella.. Too bad no picture.. Servant's Meal that night. Kar Mun and me were shocked to see that you guys weren't talking when you came down... Hope everyone enjoyed feeding your partners. especially Carl and Adrian =p.

Session 3 - Much to say about not limiting God.. God is TOO BIG that he cannot be limited, nor can He be fully understood... This is how Mighty He is.. If I'm not wrong, this session was about being Champions; just what we needed to hear.. Most people were on the verge of giving up for their own reasons.. And once again, He came.. How can we not be moved?

Committee Meeting that night - more things to discuss.. Especially bout the station games and how things went.. you guys were just awesome =). Thankfully, no one got injured... Forgot to mention how Shaun got injured while testing the sliding soap water mat game (which wasn't even soapy or wet).. And he didn't even know his knees were bleeding alot... Too man already is it... We were more worried for him than he was for himself.. See la the 'sacrifice' he made. Hahahha.

Don't want to make this post longer and draggier than it already is.. So till then... God bless and hope you could care to comment about anything.. =).

God is so much Bigger than we know.. And because of that, He deserves the right to take control of the whole of our lives..

No comments: