Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What happened BEFORE ISCF Camp 09

Till now, every time I think about the ISCF Camp, I am truly amazed by His grace and power..

How great is our God? Far Greater than our minds can ever comprehend the term "Great"...

Before camp.. (info you might want to know; camp theme, how the committee was formed etc)

So it was on the 22nd of June 2008 where I was doing my quiet time and the word 'Unveiled' came to me.. I looked for the verse and it turned out to be 2 Corinthians 3:18.. Still unsure if this was what He wanted, I continued to pray about it...

Months later, I was wondering if camp could even be held due to NS.. When the time came, I found out I was chosen for it.. Mixed feelings. Wasn't afraid to go, just wondered what He had in mind.. Told Shaun about it and we continued to pray.. I thought the March holidays were to fall on the second week of March so even if I had gotten the 2nd batch, camp could still be on.. Then Shaun told me that the holidays were on the third week instead.. How la how la.. 1st batch - might have camp, most things had to be settled before NS.. 2nd batch - probably no camp. At that point, I never imagined that 3rd batch was even possible..

And soon enough, that was what I got.. Somehow, this year there seemed to be a great increase of trainees so they spread us out to all 3 batches too... Isn't God simply amazing? But He didn't stop there.

Shaun, Aaron and me began scouting for places for camp.. It was not easy.. The places we wanted were ALL booked.. And if you were wondering how we ended up choosing GSBA, let me tell you it's DIVINE INTERVENTION. =). Never heard of the place. After trying nearly 7-8 places, I tried Chefoo Methodist Centre.. It was unavailable too.. Tried Methodist Port Dickson Centre which was also unavailable. However, they gave me GSBA's contact..

We were worried about choosing to the place due to the location.. But there was no choice.. (And we didn't know jumping wasn't allowed in the hall. HAHA)

Speaking about the theme, I found out later on that Aaron and Shaun had revelations about the camp theme too, in different ways.. It was amazing how God worked..

The committee was soon formed. One by one came in.. There were a few who was supposed to be part of the committee, but due to their own reasons, they couldn't make it.. We were short of a guy committee when camp was drawing near. Shaun wasn't happy; obviously. LOL.

Around 10 days before camp, Joshua Chen messaged me and asked if he could still sign up for camp. I told him of course la and asked him to be part of the committee too.. Initially he said he didn't mind being just a camper. But I told him, he would probably feel weird being the oldest one there.. So he agreed.. So campers, you all must thank God, if not no Cinderella. =P.

The closing date for camp was on the 27th of Feb. And by that day, I only received 3 forms. No joke. Fast forward 1 week; few more forms came in.. There were around 20 people who confirmed to come for camp.. And as it drew nearer to camp, we were really worried.. Initially we targeted 60, and as we saw the response, we prayed for at least 40..

We closed the camp registration on Sunday, yeah two days before camp. We had 37 campers then..

But to look back, I think all of us agree that it turned out to be better anyway. More people more headache. More people less fellowship with everyone.. The list goes on. God was right after all.. Who are we to question Him?

Stay tuned for the REAL post on camp.

2 comments:

aaron kian said...

haha true enough =)

[C]aRL_[C]h3oNG @.K.A BaByFac3 said...

WOW! i felt something different everytime i go into ur blog... SOMETHING WONG.. yet GOOD! hahahha... love the story! and amazed by the miracles that He can do..