Friday, August 13, 2010

awesome god

Hillsong Seminar and Concert. :)

Was absolutely thrilled to find out they were coming to IPOH the most awesome place in Malaysia; KL is no match!! At first I was quite skeptical about it; doubting if it was even true. Of course, I knew the main band wouldn't be coming. Wouldn't be seeing the likes of Darlene Zschech, Joel Houston, Marty Sampson, Brooke Ligertwood, Jad Gillies and the list goes on... 

I've always loved Hillsongs particularly for their God-inspired and awesome praise and worship songs. There are just too many great ones... And the songs are all written from the heart, no pretense. 

Anyway, I went back on Tuesday evening after college. Seminar was on Wed morning, concert in the night. It was simply great. The band comprised of students from the Hillsong International Leadership College, and half of the members were American alongside other nations as well. Ps. Lee Burns (College Principal) and Ps. Josh Kimes (FUEL pastor) were the speakers and they were amazing. 

As a whole, it was worth going back for it; I took the 4.40 am train the next morning and made it for classes. Just being with a large crowd, singing songs to Him, being in His presence, hearing the Word, feeling encouraged and challenged, seeing hundreds get saved; what could be better? God is just so GREAT, all honour and glory to Him!

And kudos to the organizing committee and volunteers as well as everyone else who had a part in this.. God bless y'all... Everything done for His kingdom is never wasted. 

While the offering was being passed around, God pressed upon my heart a certain amount I should give. I doubted if that was what He really wanted. But I felt peace after giving and I knew it then. :)

God is not silent, He's always speaking.. We are not silent, we are not listening... How true is that?


No comments: