Thursday, August 19, 2010

mercy and grace

It's close to 1 and I've still got lots of things to do; I think it'll be at least 2.30 before I can hit the sacks and I've got to wake up at 5smtg.. Oh, well.

Last night, I wrote in my devotional journal "I surrender my results to You o Lord. No matter what happens, I will hold on, I will love You, always." 

So results were released today, for the A-Level exams we took in June. Honestly, I didn't even realize how fast this day would come. I didn't dread it, nor did I look forward to today. I've been quite cool about it. No feelings, not much question nor anticipation nor dismay. I had a feeling that my results would be rather disappointing, at least one or two. And I said to myself it would be alright cause I know how little I worked for it and how much effort I could've put in considering the ample time I had to study. They say God helps those who help themselves. Sounds biblical but it isn't even in the Bible. It's not entirely true cause once again, I experienced His grace and mercy.

Seeing the results slip, I felt like crying, because I am so amazed at what He does. I do not deserve it, yet time and again, He proves that even if I think I cannot do it, He can. Even when I feel I don't deserve it, He shows me grace. I've been guilty of limiting Him and saying no miracle will happen. Well, today I was reminded that they do. And He does it in His own time and way. Of course, I can't continue taking His grace for granted. I often think how it would've been if I had fared rather badly... But I know whatever it is, He has a plan, and it is perfect. 

Romans 11:36 - For everything comes from him and exists by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen.

God, You truly, truly, amaze me.. I'm in awe of You. Not so much about what I've been granted.. But because of who You are... You are so real, more than I can ever imagine. :)


No comments: