Wednesday, August 4, 2010

loyalty

About two months ago, when World Cup was just starting, I wrote a post on the probability of Mascherano, Gerrard and Torres leaving the club.

Mascherano's most probably leaving for Inter. Gerrard committed to stay right after Joe Cole signed for Liverpool. Torres just pledged to stay as well. He even had this to say:
"My commitment and loyalty to the club and to the fans is the same as it was on my first day when I signed. I am looking forward to the challenge ahead."

The picture that made people realize he might not leave after all..

My admiration and respect for this guy has increased. I'm not surprised though; he was always loyal to the club despite speculation from the press and his own doubts about the club. He's not going to leave the club when they need him; when the season gets tougher, when they need to rebuild their confidence after a bad season. Some multi-million deal isn't gonna attract him, unlike some player I know; need I say who. Gerrard too, is a true mark of a captain.

Liverpool isn't just a great club with a great history and great achievements; they have great players. Players who have a heart to play and go all out. Of course, they've also got great fans who've been the driving force of the club... As I said before, you stick to your club through thick and thin.

2 weeks to EPL, I'm getting all pumped up. :D

No comments: