Wednesday, August 26, 2009

orientation camp

College had an orientation camp on the 7th-9th August 2009 at SUFES Campsite, Tapah.

A brief recap of camp:

Main Highlight of the 1st day: Night Jungle Trekking. It was supposed to be from 10-12 but it lasted all the way to 1.30 for some of the facilitators, my group, 'Juliet' and 'India'. By the time the last group got back at the campsite it was nearly 4am. According to one of my friends who works in SU, we were the first ever group to hike till so late or rather early in the morning. The whole experience was great though. There was a part we had to slide on our butts which I feel was really fun. Haha. Though it hurt but it was cool =D. And many encountered leeches as well. I was actually anticipating to get bitten - I'm not weird, just want to experience it. But leeches don't like me.

Main Highlight of the 2nd day - Stream Trotting. In the afternoon, we walked for round 20 minutes till we reached the path to the stream. It wasn't that new for me since I've done something like this before at Jeram Waterfalls few months back. Though this was definitely much more challenging, but it was really fun. =). We had Night games, sketch presentation and Tribal Court.

Main Highlight of the 3rd day - Nothing much. Prize-giving ceremony and then it was time to go home. It was ironic though: all groups were given 3 eggs on the first day to take care of and there was only one group out of ten that managed to keep all 3 safe till the last day. And guess what? The prize they got for that were....eggs. Apparently, those were special cause there were stuff written on it. LOL. It's a good thing all our eggs were gone by then.

We did the No Apologies seminar on the 1st night and 2nd morning. It was pretty good, though I'm already quite familiar with the things they spoke about, it was interesting. And most of us signed the abstinence cards. Haha.

Although I wasn't anticipating camp due to several things, I felt it was pretty good.

0907 girls


I don't wanna waste this shot. It's all I've got and will ever get. But still I'm grateful that He allowed such things.

And oh, I've just declared ' war' on some people whom I don't know. It's funny how it started. And it will be interesting to watch how it carries on. Haha. But 'bring it on'!!! -out-

No comments: