Monday, February 8, 2010

why worry

If there's one thing we humans are good great at; it's worrying.

From the simplest things like what we should eat, what to wear; to the more important decisions like where to study; what course to take to the even more important decisions like whom to marry and what to do with life..

Then in between all those are the trivial decisions we make; be it at home, in college, at work..

It's only human that we worry; that we feel anxious.. But it should never come to the stage where it blinds us to God; where it makes everything else seems so unimportant; where we can only see our worries and things we're concerned about..

It would soon become our idol since it takes the place of God himself... That you can no longer see what God can do; that you no longer trust in His might and power; that you think you know better when really; we don't know anything at all.

Before it gets there; we must put a stop to all these worries. How? It comes so quickly. The truth is found in the famous verse:

Philippians 4:6-8 - Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

It takes faith to believe in His word; and even more to live by its truth. Since He told us not to worry; why not trust? As He also said in Matthew 6:27b - Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Also, His peace would be with us... We might never fully understand His peace but know that He wants us to experience it.. That being said; we might never comprehend how He can bring peace to a certain situation in our life that might seem so overwhelming; but not understanding it does not mean we cannot or won't experience it.

'No matter what your circumstances are, turn your anxiety over to God and let His perfect peace guard your heart.'

I must admit I have not fully mastered the art of not worrying and turning it all over to Him. I am after all; only human and normal... But I've realized worrying will never do me any good; and too much of it is taxing sometimes.. I know that He cares for me and requires for me to trust Him.. And that's what I long to do.

Must get the focus off me and my problems; I look to the Cross.

1 comment:

Elynn said...

I love this post =)