Monday, July 20, 2009

one shot

I'm confused.
I don't know what's going on.
I can't understand why I feel like this.
Over thinking has always been one of greatest weaknesses.
To the point where the things I thought of became the problem itself.
But the thing is, it was all in my mind.

Somehow it feels like it's happening again.
Or at least, it will.
There's a thousand possibilities why you were silent.
But I can only think of one.

I can't take it how no matter how hard I try
I don't seem to be going anywhere.
No matter how hard I try to believe that there's hope,
It seems nearly impossible.

And then I wonder if it's the past
That's causing me to feel this way.
To feel that there's no hope; none at all.
There isn't much time left
And honestly, I'm not asking for much.
I just need this one shot.
That's all I'm asking for.

But then again, despite feeling this way;
Despite feeling tired of all that's going on;
Of all that I'm afraid of, of the hope I have;
That might never be fulfilled,
I can never be too disappointed
Cause ultimately, all I want is You.
What can this world offer,
When compared to the joy You bring?
Nothing in this world will last.
Only You..
And for that, I will rejoice. =)

Psalm 39:7 -But now Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in You.

No comments: