Wednesday, October 21, 2009

i'm not okay

But I will be. I just don't know when.

It's hard to fake a smile and act as if everything's okay, when deep inside you know you're not. Cause it ended before it even began.. I laughed, I smiled, but deep inside I'm still hurting. And only my close friends in college noticed that I wasn't okay.

Maybe it's my fault; if I had known earlier, it wouldn't have come to this; it wouldn't hurt this much. But I can't blame myself for it either. I really didn't know.

Now, I don't know what to do. I don't know where to go. I don't know if I should stop or just act as if nothing ever happened. But if I go on like this, I'll only hurt myself. I just don't know.

It's during these times, I realize what great friends God has given me.. Especially those in college, I've barely known them; only three and a half months yet they've really been such a blessing. Especially during this period. I don't think they've ever seen me like this. And I know it hurts them as much too.. For the sake of them, I will try to cheer up. I will try to smile.. Even though it's hurting.

I know I will be healed one day, by His grace and mercy.. By His perfect love.

I'm hanging on another day,
Just to see what, You would throw my way,
I'm hanging on to the words You say,
You said that I will be okay.

You're the greatest comfort I could ever have. And that's all I need to know.

2 comments:

Elynn said...

Hey, you will be fine.
Hang on there, and be strong k.
Its not your fault. definitely not.
( sorry my phone no credit to reply your msg last night)
just follow the flow k. dont worry.
things will b fine soon.
it takes time, but I know you can do it.
God Bless!

Joyce said...

hi serene. interesting to be able to stumble upon your blog. i know how it feels like to have to act like everything is okay, when it's not. i've no words of comfort for you, because i'm personally facing a lot of struggles now. all i can say is, i hope to get to know you better in my remaining time in college. well, it's great to know that your college friends have been great support and you really appreciate them. they're really hard to come by. all the best for trials!