Monday, October 19, 2009

no reason to hide

We sent one of the dogs to boarding today, the noisiest one actually. What a relief to have one less dog to worry about; and hopefully we can have peaceful nights from now on.

College was alright today; didn't really feel that sleepy. Alpha course was quite cool today; started off with a challenge; Mr. Michael called out for a brave person to volunteer; Isaac went up and there was some rat trap thing. Earlier on, Mr. Michael held a carrot and touched the rat trap with it, it snapped and cut the carrot into two. Then Isaac did the same thing and after that, he was asked to put his finger; he hesitated of course though Mr. Michael kept saying nothing was going to happen. It was funny to watch the way he reacted and obviously nothing happened. And me and Marian were in charge of food today, so I ordered the Cucur I had last week when my bro came down to KL; Marian went to collect it before Alpha started cause I had class that time.

I've learnt much these days; I've been reminded of His faithfulness and love time and again. Yesterday, a friend of mine made a comment about me (if you're reading this, do know that I'm perfectly fine with it, and I have to thank you for the honesty too) that got me thinking. It wasn't anything bad, in fact, I think it's right. I know it's right. Yet I've learnt from my mistake and I know I need to be much more sensitive to the needs of the people around me. It's something only He can accomplish within me.

The time will come when all that you do would seem 'weird' to people. They might not understand you and may even condemn you for it; but if you're doing what He himself would have done, there is absolutely no reason to stop; no reason to fear. Doing His will often comes with a price; but when you know the outcome of your faith; everything else just seems unimportant.

Psalm 145:19a - He grants the desires of those who fear Him.

We've got nothing to lose, we've got no reason to hide.
We've got the answer inside of us. Its time we took the disguises off
We'll see Your glory revealed, and see Your Name lifted high
There's nobody else for us; Jesus You are the only One.

No comments: