Tuesday, October 6, 2009

blessed beyond measure

My 100th post since I started this blog in January; an average of 11 posts a month. Just like the title suggests, I just want to touch on blessings.

The reason why I'm typing this is because just these past few days, I have realized what I've been blessed with. In particular, my family. I was pretty much stressed when my aunt left, her friend was a great relief as she came few days once to help me out and stay on some nights. My mum came down on Sunday and I am ever so grateful for her.. It makes me feel sad sometimes how I've not always been the best daughter; how I've taken her for granted sometimes and never really saw how much she's done for me. Things have got to change.

We're very blessed; much more than we know. Yet we still find reasons to complain; we find the places and things we lack and ask God to fill up those things. But have we actually stopped to think of what we've been blessed with?

I'm not talking about riches and money here. Wealth is only important to a certain extent. Even so, it does not really define the blessings we have.

Think about the family you've been placed in. Do you have loving parents? Are they playing their roles as parents well? What about your siblings? Have you ever stopped to wonder what a blessing they are? For those of you who come from broken homes, don't fret; there are other great blessings as well, and God will step in to fill the brokenness in your home.

I cannot name all the other blessings as it will be too long to list... Only you know what you have been blessed with, what you can be grateful for... If only we would realize that our blessings overwrites all the things we do not have. Truly, we have such blessed lives; we need to continue thanking Him for all that we've been given.

If we keep looking at the things we want/do not have, we would definitely be disappointed.. But let's think of how His grace, His mercy, His love and His peace has always been there for us; never leaving not even for a moment.. Do you still dare to complain?

There's a world out there that's empty, that's really in need. There are people out there crying for shelter, for care, for love; we who have been blessed can only look at what we lack instead of being grateful for the things we have. How selfish we are sometimes... If you've been of those, maybe it's time to stop complaining and start looking out for the needs of others as well.

We weren't blessed for us to just enjoy and be content. We were blessed that we may be a blessing to others. Let's live a life that seeks to love and bless and as we do so, our lives would be truly fulfilled. Then we can say that we have truly lived for Him.

2 comments:

Lawrence said...

I am feeling kind of guilty after reading this post.. cz I have been complaining too much.. :(

serene said...

this wasn't really intended; to make you feel guilty.. but yeah, we have to be more grateful =)