Thursday, October 22, 2009

my prayer

I felt slightly better today =). Even though it still hurts, I know I have all the comfort and support I could ever ask for. But through all that's happened, He's reminded me of a few things.

The fact that He allowed this to happen at this time proves that He has a purpose. There are things He wants to show me, lessons He wants to teach me; if I dwell in the hurt, His purpose would never be discovered.

It's so easy to just indulge in our miseries; to keep looking at the problem and ask God why such things are happening; if we continue, we might just give room to doubts and end up blaming God for allowing such pain. I'm not saying we must get rid of the hurts; we must not feel sad or anything; but it's all about how much you allow it to affect you and more importantly your faith.

Yes, our hurts might seem big, but He is Bigger. There's nothing too great for Him to handle, nothing too small to bring to Him.

Isaiah 40:28-31 - Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Lord, I won't ask You to take the pain away; but I will ask that You will be my strength; so that I can carry on and hold on to You. For only You can heal this broken heart, only You can satisfy. And for all my friends who are also hurting; I pray that You would touch them and in Your own way let them know that with You, everything else seems so small.. You are all we need.

p.s: The pain hasn't gone, I haven't recovered yet but one thing I know: He is faithful.

No comments: