Thursday, June 24, 2010

fall from grace

I'd been wanting to post this for quite some time now but I totally forgot about it till just now.

I hope I don't offend anyone here; it was never my intention so I'm sorry if anyone is.. 

I've realized how painful it is to watch someone you know change so much. Especially when they become someone you barely recognize. It could also be watching those who used to be so faithful in serving Him leave the faith and walk their own ways.

Sometimes I wonder how could it ever happen? How could one completely forget the One who gave Himself that there may be life. And even scarier, sometimes I ask myself; what if it happens to me.. What if one day, I find that I no longer need Him and prefer to take charge of my own life.. I cannot imagine a life without Him. I cannot and I am afraid that I will someday fall away. Yet I know He tells me not to be, cause He will always be by my side. 

There are surely many reasons why anyone would turn away. And no one has the right to judge anybody else. But I've figured one possible reason could be that one feels God is silent; that He is no longer 'real'. It may be caused by unanswered prayers or bad events that take place where we no longer feel He cares. It starts off with being angry with God and if left like that, things would surely start to fall apart; and faith that once was will soon come to nothing.

Being humans, we all like to feel, we need empirical evidence. One reason why many people cannot believe Him is because they cannot see thus they don't think He exists. But how many things on earth do we know and believe and yet have seen? Science claims to give us the answers. We can accept all the science facts so easily even though we ourselves have not seen or experience it; yet when it comes to God, we often doubt. 

Many things I do not know and I know I never will come to full knowledge. Yet what He's done for me cannot be denied and these are the very truths I hold on to every single time I feel He is not there. Feelings fool you; they are mere FEELINGS. But one must remember that faith comes from believing and not seeing. 

I wish they could see; that He never changes. He remains faithful even though we do not realize. If ever you find yourself so close to giving up, recall the day you gave your life to Him; recall the times where He guided you, touched you. If there are none, there is no reason to give up but to persevere and He is faithful to those who call upon Him. He knows what you need, and if it is a touch, He will do it. God is not silent; it's we who don't listen. And even if at times He does not speak; what position do we have to question and be mad at Him? Mere mortals; that's what we are... This life has no meaning apart from Him. 

2 Corinthians 4:17 - For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Jesus loves you.

No comments: