Wednesday, June 2, 2010

glee numbers

One of the reasons I love Glee is due to their awesome songs (covers, rather). I've barely heard most of the songs they cover and some are effectively stuck in my mind. Some songs that originally sound old and stuff are given a fresh vibe.

Firstly, for those who haven't heard of Glee, you've been living under a rock. And for those who haven't watched it, let me just clear a misconception you might have. It is NOT like HSM, not at all. The songs come in naturally; eg. Glee club assignments, characters practicing songs that express how they feel. And even if you might hate the show, it's hard to hate the songs..

I've decided to come up with a list of my top 11 favourite Glee numbers. Why 11 and not 10 you ask; it's too close to call. The show's finale is to be aired next week, and to date there's got to be at least 70plus songs to choose from. This is tough. The words in brackets are the episodes the songs are in, for those Gleeks out there who want to watch it again. I thought of putting links to the song, but I guess you can just do that if you're interested to listen.

11. Lean On Me (Ballad)

10. Don't Rain On My Parade (Sectionals)

9. Defying Gravity (Wheels)

8. Smile [Charlie Chaplin version] (Mattress)

7. I Dreamed A Dream (Dream On)

6. You Can't Always Get What You Want (Sectionals)

5. Run Joey Run (Bad Reputation)

4. Hello Goodbye (Hell-O)

3. Total Eclipse Of The Heart (Bad Reputation)

2. Don't Stop Believing (Pilot & Season Finale/Regionals)

1. Somebody To Love (The Rhodes Not Taken)

Don't ask me why I'm doing this. I know time is running short, 4 more days till exam start. Haha. I guess I need a break too. :D

And, for those Gleeks out there, what are your favourite numbers? For others, you might not watch, but you simply must hear the covers. Till then!

No comments: