Saturday, June 19, 2010

world cup so far

World Cup has been a nightmare for me. With the exception of Argentina and Holland who have secured a place in the next round by clinching 2 group stage victories so far; the rest have been a pain to watch.

England; the horrible mistake by Green led to a draw with the U.S; and this morning, they were held to a stalemate with Algeria.. ALGERIA. But Algeria was actually pretty good, England was not up to par or the goals would have easily come in. The next match is do or die. 

Spain; was thinking Switzerland wouldn't pose much of a challenge. That was probably what everyone thought and the underdogs won instead. Don't know how it happen but it was really disappointing. At least it's only the first game. They've got to buck up.

Germany; was ecstatic seeing how they thrashed and outclassed Australia; a game I could watch over and over again. So who would've known that Serbia would turn the tables around and beat the Germans. But the referee is partly to blame, giving out so many yellows, a high 9 and sending Klose off; so unfair. Again, it's do or die too. 

Don't you see how football involves emotions? I wish I could watch it without being so caught up but it's not something that can be helped. I'm even going as far to say that if all three countries, Germany, England and Spain don't make it through to the next round, it's goodbye World Cup-s for me. What's the point? I don't like seeing underdogs get through, I just don't. It's like EPL not topped by the Top 4 anymore; you say its more fun, I say its not right. It's not the way it should be.

Still, I'm not losing hope. May all 3 get through; I'd be overjoyed.


No comments: