Friday, July 23, 2010

BGR

CF was on BGR today; I honestly think it was a good session, not just because it was a touchy, interesting and relevant topic but because I remembered alot of things that I've been challenged to do these past years; and that is to trust Him for He knows best.

All of us dream of having a love story; especially for us girls; it's not really something we're ashamed of... We all love fairy tales at some point of time, and we wonder if we will ever have that 'happy ending'. Don't talk about Prince Charming, he doesn't exist, never will. Of course Jesus is our true Prince, no human will ever come close..

The message was really interesting today; and I won't really say what he talked about.. I'd say the message was simple; for me, there wasn't anything really new, but it was freshly approached so it was new in that sense... For me it was as if God was reminding me about what I've learnt over the past years through experiences and reading books about these kind of stuff.... And ultimately through His word.

I think I take a very radical stand when it comes to relationships that many people, sadly to say even Christians might laugh at and say I'm being too rigid. God willing, I only want one relationship in my life; and that someday that would be the person I would spend the rest of my life with. I don't want to waste my emotions away, not anymore.

I guess most of you who know me would know I've never been involved in a relationship and I guess I'm proud of that. But that doesn't mean I was spared from pain. Some of you would know what I went through during what I would call the toughest moments of my life and know how hard it was for me then. I pulled through because of Him. 

If you like someone and that person likes you, it doesn't give you any reason to jump into a relationship. Prayer, seeking advice from others is so vital. What people don't see is that a relationship consumes you. It demands time, attention, care, love and so much more. I don't know how people can take these things so lightly. If something goes wrong, you'll have a broken heart. I didn't even need to be in one to experience that; what more if I actually went into any?

So please, before anything starts, think twice. Ask yourself if you're ready. Most of all, ask yourself if you're satisfied in Him.. Cause if you aren't, how can you ever be satisfied with another? Our strength, hope comes from Him and Him alone. 

This is just so true. :)

I don't know what He has for me, what will happen in the future; I have no clue... But there is one thing I know... That I have to continue to grow in Him; to pursue Him and His righteousness. I must find myself in Him before anything else.... After all, He is my reason for living. This world will fail, men will fail too; but His love remains. 


No comments: