Tuesday, July 6, 2010

overwhelming

Occasionally, everyone feels pressured. I won't say I'm feeling like that now but I know there's so many things I've got to do in the next few months and thinking about it on a surface level/on paper seems so overwhelming.

I've been staying in the new place for close to a week now and it's been great. I've been really blessed. No complains. :). And I'm ever so grateful for Joyce, who I'm staying with and her sister Jacintha who's on summer break now. They've been so nice and helpful, willing to fetch me to the bus hub early in the morning so I can make it for my 8am classes. The earliest bus only comes at 7 plus. The bus hub isn't too far away so I guess walking isn't such a bad idea but it's still dark at 6plus in the morning so yeah. I guess I need to figure out an alternative soon, don't wanna be a burden though they don't mind. 

College has been rather hectic. Time table is really bad. Monday I have a 4 and a half hour break; it's too long already. And the rest of the days are just full on classes with only 30 minutes break for me to eat. I'd trade my Monday free periods for classes. Well, nothing can be done. Gotta bear with it.

So what exactly do I have to do in the next couple of months that's gonna be so hectic?

1. Lit Units 3 and 4. 4 is coursework which I'm still not decided on what to do; the thing is doing ANYTHING makes it difficult to decide. Sometimes, too much freedom isn't such a good thing. And we're reminded everyday how we need to rush cause there isn't much time.

2. Religious Studies Unit 2 and part of 3. Well Unit 2 is just studying a single topic which means we have to go really in depth. And possibly everything that's got to do with it. And most of it will be my own research.

3. College applications etc. I'm already behind time I think. Want to sit for SAT's in Oct so I can quickly apply then. But there's lots to study for it as well. The English is really tough and my Maths is horrible. Haven't been doing it for so long I can't even remember anything. Time to brush up I guess.

Of course there are other things to do too like CF responsibilities, but that's fine. 

Yet I don't feel pressured. I know within me there is no strength to pull through. I've had so many experiences of nearly burning out, but He's never failed to be my source of strength and comfort. And it's more than enough for me. I can do it, because He will enable me too.

Till then. :)

Proverbs 19:21 - Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.


No comments: