Wednesday, July 28, 2010

a year

It's been a year of college. That fast. So I've got another one to go, but it really feels as if the months have just gone by without me even realizing..

I think most of you know that this wasn't the plan. It's amazing how He work things out but yea I'm here. Sometimes I still wonder how it would've been if I went to Sg instead; what would it be like; what kind of friends would I have; what problems and circumstances would I face... And there are the few times I wish I didn't change my mind... 

But to think of it right now, I cannot imagine myself being anywhere else. God has a plan and I trust Him. Though half my college time has gone by, I know there's another half left. I've made mistakes, I have regrets in my one year here. There are things I wish I could undo, words I wish had gone unsaid, people I wished I could know better, people I wished I didn't meet, times I wish I could turn back.. Isn't that always the case? So I choose not to remain thinking what could've/should've and would've been.

I'm looking forward to what's ahead now. It's been tough, tiring and at times, I feel close to burning out yet His strength has never once failed me and I know it never will. Such a great thing to know... :)

These few weeks, I've been feeling rather weird about something. Had anyone suggested it to me much earlier I would've dismissed it. I never thought about the possibility, until now. I'm not sure why, maybe I'm beginning to see things in a different light. Could it be Him who's opening my eyes? I've been trying so hard, could it just be what's in front of me? I don't want to think. I'll let Him. 

And I really want to thank Him again, for placing me here. For all my friends.. I can already see the friends I'm going to want to keep for the rest of my lives.

I've also realized, that we can go through the same thing again and again yet never learn our lesson... All pursuits apart from Him are futile, they don't last; they can never bring us happiness.. At least not for long. 

He's all I need.


No comments: