Friday, July 2, 2010

hopes

I'm ECSTATIC. Seriously.. HAHAHAHA. 

So, Brazil just lost to Holland, one of my favourites. I wore orange again, to show which side I belong to. Watched in a mamak near the new place and the atmosphere was crazy.

To cut it short, I kinda feel bad that prior to the game I was kinda prepared for Holland to lose to Brazil. And watching the 1st half, I nearly wanted to go back. Brazil outclassed them and they didn't seem to be pushing much. But 2nd half, everything started to change; and lo and behold, they equalized. Still I had a feeling they had a chance to lose or maybe play to extra time... And who would've known, they scored and BRAZIL ARE KNOCKED OUT. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

You might find this weird, but one reason why I like football is because I learn alot and especially when it comes to faith. Perseverance is a key to victory. And no matter what the circumstance, you don't worry what people say about you, even if they think you won't make it through, you push on and it'll be alright. And as for Holland that's exactly what they did. I assume the odds were in Brazil's favour but that's not the point. 

I've got to say this is one of the most epic games of the World Cup so far and I'm so, so, so happy. What started off as a nightmare, with Spain and Germany's group game losses, have turned into a rather sweet, unexpected dream for me and I hope nothing spoils it. It's very likely one of my favourites are gonna take this whole thing. With Holland in the semi's and likely to beat Uruguay/Ghana, can't write them off just yet; they're probably gonna meet another of my favourite team; 3/4 in the other set of quarter final games with only Paraguay there to spoil it. I hope not. 

So, YAYYYYYYYYYY. :D


No comments: