Saturday, July 3, 2010

brilliance

If there was any team to beat it would be Argentina.

The Argentina Germany game was great. I was glad that I didn't have to watch the match with a high adrenaline rush, heart pumping fast all the time. I like both teams though I obviously favor Germany more since it's only this World Cup that I started supporting Argentina compared to Germany since 2002. But I thought it would be a very, very tight match and that Argentina would have a slightly higher chance of winning.

I was wrong again. Germany were obviously the better team. I wasn't surprised at how good they were but rather how Argentina failed to even get a goal. 4-0 is a BIG win and the fact that Argentina could lose like that doesn't prove that they're weak, but show a solid young and promising German team. And seeing that, I think that of all the teams left, they deserve it the most. Simply world class.

And it makes me feel that England's loss to them wasn't so bad; it just came too early. Hey at least they managed a goal. They tried. Nothing is predictable when it comes to the beautiful game. 

Now, this time, I'm really not prepared for a Spain upset; hope they make it through. 


No comments: