Thursday, July 8, 2010

mixed feelings

I was right. Watching the Spain - Germany match yesterday, I felt numb. I couldn't cheer for anything. Couldn't anticipate any team to score. Couldn't feel like Argh when a chance was missed. Couldn't celebrate Spain's goal.  Couldn't be happy that they won. Maybe just a little bit.

I'm still sad over the fact that Germany's been knocked out. Not that I don't want Spain to win; glad they did but the fact that they had to play against each other at this stage is painful enough. 

I don't recall feeling like this when Germany lost to Spain in the Euro finals; perhaps the Germans weren't as spectacular then. This time it's different. 

But at least I know it's either gonna be Spain or Holland to win it now; both teams have never won it so I'm glad one of them will. And then I'll feel sad for the one who loses again. I will choose to allow the joy to overrule. 

Two more matches and W.Cup will be over. Will definitely miss it, but hey, there's always EPL to look forward to every year.. Missing it quite abit now. May the new season usher in new hope. 


No comments: