Thursday, September 24, 2009

faith and what it means

If we could see the outcome of our faith; If we could know the pains we would have to go through because of our faith; If we could understand His purpose in all that comes our way because of our faith; Then faith wouldn't be faith any longer. It defeats the whole purpose.

We shouldn't ask Him to reveal His purpose of the trials we go through but rather ask Him to add to our faith. Then again, the normal question would be to ask Him for more faith. But the question isn't if our faith is 'big' enough;

In Luke 17:5-6 - The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you.

Adding to our faith:
2 Peter 1:5-7 - For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

At a glance, it seems so hard. But if we truly have the heart to seek Him, nothing is too difficult for Him to accomplish within us. We only have to allow Him to; which is always a hard thing to do. Maybe it's time we stop trying to reason everything out with Him but to simply take hold of His hand and follow wherever He may lead.

It's time we sing this song with full understanding and meaning.

Shepherd of my soul I give you full control,
Wherever You may lead I will follow.
I have made the choice to listen for Your voice,
Wherever You may lead I will go.

Be it in a quiet pasture or by a gentle stream,
The Shepherd of my soul is by my side.
Should I face a mighty mountain or a valley dark and deep,
The Shepherd of my soul will be my guide.

Shepherd of my soul Oh You have made me whole,
Where’er I hear You call how my tears flow.
How I feel your love how I want to serve
I gladly give my heart to You O Lord.

Be it in the flowing river or in the quiet night,
The Shepherd of my soul is by my side.
Should I face the stormy weather or the dangers of this world.
The Shepherd of my soul will be my guide.

2 comments:

Lawrence said...

I like this post It's a really Godly message. Thanks for sharing. :)

serene said...

praise God.. =).