Friday, September 11, 2009

the truth hurts at times


It wasn't as bad as I thought it to be.

In fact, it wasn't even something I should have worried about

Yet there's this feeling in me that I can't explain.

I've finally realized the truth:

It's painful, it really is.

Yet there's nothing I can do.

I've been lying to myself for too long

Now, it's time to stop all of it.

And that's why, I'm pulling out.

From this game that's wearing me out.

It's gonna hurt either way; either now or later on.

So I won't run away from the pain.

And I won't ask for it to be taken away.

But I'll ask for Him to take all of me - that there will be more of Him and less of me..

Cause I truly believe the message of Romans 8:28:- that in all things, God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

I'm letting go of all that I know, I'm holding on to You alone. I lay it all down, down here at Your feet, I want You alone, You alone.

Psalm 42:11 - Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again - my Saviour and my God!

No comments: