Monday, September 21, 2009

life and death

Came back on Friday night. Was supposed to attend a wake service of a church member's mum who passed away on Friday morning, but couldn't make it in time.There was another service on Saturday night which I went for.

And on Sunday morning, we had our church service at the house together with the funeral service. My pastor preached both in English and Mandarin for the sake of the relatives and friends - the message was simple yet powerful.

Philippians 1:21 - For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

The 3 evidences of a person that's truly living for God:

1. A life that truly lives to please God.

2. A life that truly seeks to bless others.

3. A life that stays firm on His Word and is not shaken through whatever circumstance.

Are you truly living for Him?

Going to funerals always have a way of making me think about my life. We've only be given one life to live. How long - we don't know. But one thing we do know is that nothing else in this world could ever bring us true fulfillment except Him alone. Yet we keep going after meaningless, worthless pursuits that only bring temporary fulfillment. In the light of His love, everything else is meaningless. If only we could understand the truth, our lives would be transformed.

I'm not claiming to be perfect; nor am I saying I'm fully where I want to be in my walk with Him.. But I was just reminded yet again of how short our lives are.. We will all die some day, we have to make the most out of what we've been given. To live a life with no regrets is to live a life for Him. For who else could bring us such joy, such peace, such hope and such love?

No comments: