Thursday, September 10, 2009

of food and fears

Random pics taken when I was back in Ipoh..

Crispy Roast Chicken at one of my family's favourite shops.


Went to Connaught for lunch today with Kenneth who drove, Eng Hoe, Myat, Julius and Eunice. I think the shop was called Madam Chiam Curry Noodles. Or something like that.. Anyway, we went there for their Pan Mee... Which was also really good. They had small, big, or big big, big big big, big big big big, you get the picture.... Haha. I ordered double big but they gave me a normal big one. So yeah, after finishing one bowl, I immediately ordered another one. I ate nearly as much as Eng Hoe. 5.20 a bowl by the way. Cheaper than Kin Kin.. And thankfully we reached just in time for me to get to class.. It was a funny ride back; dropped Myat and then Eunice home, and there were many road bumps on the way, the bottom of the car hit most of it and there was a loud sound each time. And every time that happened, Kenneth started blaming Eng Hoe for it. And they started 'arguing'. Me and Julius just watched.



And yeah, I found out something today; a fear I had few weeks back actually came to pass.. In a way, it's a bit disturbing.. And it kinda stresses me out even though it might not be as serious as it appears to be. However, there's still this sense of peace in me that can't be explained. It's Him, it has to be... No one else could ever make me feel this way. Despite the things that are going on; I know that He will come through for me and all I need to do is to trust Him. He's given me great friends too; I know I don't have to go through it alone..

Through the joy and the pain, I'll exalt His name.

Psalm 46:1 -God is our refuge and strength, our very present help in times of trouble.

No comments: