Monday, March 1, 2010

fearless

So go on, go on and break my heart
I'll be okay
There's nothing you can do to me
That's ever going to burn me

So go on, go on and leave my love
Out on the street
I'm fearless
Better believe I'm fearless, fearless

If this is how it hurts
It couldn't get much worse
If this is how it feels to fall

Then that's the way it is
We live with what we miss
We learn to build another wall
Till it falls


CNY Celebration was held today; yes a day after Chap Goh Meh. Haha. It's also a part of our Moral project; so many sold food and drinks today; along with performances and stuff. My group originally planned to act but our sketch turned out too lame even though we have great talent (not talking bout myself) so we didn't audition and decided to go along with our back-up plan. After all; many teams didn't perform at all. And yea the highlight of the event (at least for me) was the Food Eating Competition.

I saw the notice; asked Eng Hoe if he was gonna go; obviously he did. Then later on in the afternoon; a girl from the group who organized the competition told Eng Hoe the time it was gonna be held. The conversation went something like this:

Organizer: (Looks at me) You're in.
Me: WHAT?? (Looks at Eng Hoe) Why am I in??
Eng Hoe: We thought it would be cool so we put your name.
Organizer: You're the only girl inside.
Me: Great.

Food competitions aren't alien to me though; I remember competing in one and only one back in 2006 for the Youth Christmas Celebration. The food was a tub of ice-cream; compete in pairs and it was RIGHT after dinner. No one mentioned there was a competition till we finished eating; so I didn't save any space. It was sickening.

I suddenly get this nostalgic feeling. I guess I miss those days. :)

Anyway, this time the food was Ngaku chips, 2 love letter rolls, some biscuit thing and 2 oranges. Prior to the competition; the guys were discussing and decided to let me win. Yes it was pre-planned. But according to some of them, they really couldn't eat as fast and felt like puking. LOL. I think I tried gobbling everything up; thanks to my friends who were cheering for me. Guess this is what happens when you're the only female. Hah. It was fun though. =D.

That's all for now. There's still Lit work to do. Till then. :)

No comments: