Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

Here's a recollection of what I myself have said about a new year in the past...

"I'm not afraid of what's to come and happen cause I have God by my side. And if we would believe and have faith in Him, the year would definitely be a significant one. =)." End of 2006

"
Sweet Sixteen? More like BitterSweet. The times of sorrow outnumbered the times of joy. But it was in those times where I've learned to depend more on Him and not on my own strength." End of 2007

"Many things happened. Happy things, sad things.. Many tears were shed.. But I know it was not in vain. It was the toughest year so far for me.. And at times I used to wonder if things could get any worse.. But it was during those painful moments that I experienced His mercy.. I experienced His love. And most of all, through it all, He was there for me.. What more could I ask for?" End of 2008

This time around; I don't think I'd be saying anything too different. If 2007 was a year of trust; 2008 a year of pain then 2009 has been a year of a mixture of both. 7 is the number. Not gonna mention the number for what; maybe some would get it. It was a very weird year somehow... Didn't have to go to school anymore; college is obviously different. Broke free from the trap I've been trapped in for so long and it felt weird at first... Was jumping from here to there; never found the right place to rest except in His arms. Through the confusion and the questions that would constantly swarm my mind; He taught me lessons of faith, hope and love..

I don't really have any resolutions for this year; some say there's no obligation to do it; some even say you know you won't be able to keep it; so why make any? Somewhat true.

You don't need to wait for the New Year to want to change; to want to make a list of what things you want to achieve... It can be done anytime. But if there was just one resolution I want to make; it's to continue to grow and grow in Him. Isn't that what we were made for? To know Him; to be like Him?? And it's amazing that we can never know enough of Him. There will never be a day where we can say "I know everything about Him.". This makes me fall in love with Him even more; that He is just far too big and great for me to comprehend.. Indeed; how GREAT is our God... Have you ever realized that one of the reasons why we feel so far away from Him sometimes is because we've come to think that we know Him enough. If we can see that there's so much more to know about Him; this search for the truth will simply never end..

There are alot of things I want to change about myself. The flaws I have are too great at times. Then I realize that if I want to be more like Him then I've got to be ready for whatever comes... The joy, the pain; all of it. Got to embrace it.

Lord; I'm ready for You. Though it may hurt; though it may break me; I am willing. There will be times I will not understand what I go through; but I want to continue to trust You... For You alone are worthy.

Philippians 3:13 - Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead...

We should never be afraid of the future. He's got it all in His hands.

No comments: