Sunday, January 31, 2010

yet another camp

Orientation Camp for the Arts and Science Alpha 1001 was great!! I went as a facilitator this time and I daresay it was better than the camp for my batch and March. Night trekking wasn't so long; started at 10plus and ended before 12. Of course; the route was a shorter and less challenging one. But it was still fun.

Not that the activities differed much from what we did last year; but I think the approach made all the difference. The whole atmosphere was pretty serious last year; and the 2nd night program was a nightmare for most people. Many went off with black faces; angry and dissatisfied with what took place. So this year; we tried to make it a fun night instead of one that would turn sour.. And thankfully; it turned out well. The new batch has really great spirits and many of them enjoyed the camp. It was pretty relaxing for us helpers during camp since we didn't need to attend No Apologies again; we had some free time. Slept in the Pavilion instead of tents. A great relief since there was so much space to just dump my stuff.

The highlight would be the stream trotting; last year I wore shoes and ended up taking them off; so I wore slippers this time around. Many asked isn't it painful and my reply was it was like reflexology. Escaped with a few scratches here and there but am alright. It started raining heavily on our way back to the campsite; was cold but fun; another experience I won't forget..

Thank God for his mercy and grace; safe journeys; safe camp and stuff.. Hopefully no one gets sick after camp this time. Last year's camp aftermath was bad enough.

I'm glad; really am.. It's been quite awhile since I've been feeling like this.. There are still things left unsettled; questions that haven't been answered.. But I've realized I don't always need to know the answers to life's questions. I just need to know He's always here with me. And it cannot get any better than that..

Thank you. I feel like myself once again. And I'm glad it's come this far. I can smile; once again..

No comments: