Saturday, January 9, 2010

when He speaks...

Couldn't sleep last night. Not sure why; maybe it was because of the green tea I drank at night. Went to bed at 12.30 but only managed to finally sleep at 3.

Tossed; turned. Thought about alot of things; crawled out of bed at 1 cause I felt an urge to just sit at His feet. Still not sure if it was the Holy Spirit that prompted me or it was just me; but then again; it doesn't really matter.

Attended a funeral thanksgiving service this morning; Pastor Roger; one of the MIP Pastors and Pastor of Living Springs Church KL, also a good and long-time friend of the church and family; passed away on Wednesday morning.

I remember visiting him last year; can't remember when. But he was already bed-ridden then. For a year plus he's been suffering from cancer and had serious problems with his back and spine. It was painful to watch him lying down; yet when we went to visit him, he was really glad and even shared alot of things with us.

He was the speaker for our church camp back in April 2008. I'm still keeping the message and I think I'll post up the summary of it. God clearly spoke to us through him and there were many things that were much needed at that time.

My dad came down from Ipoh this morning. Sam asked me if I was going for the service before he went out. He was gonna pick dad up from the station and would fetch me from home if I was going. Was really tired so I said I'll pass. But when I went back to sleep; I didn't feel at peace. I felt like there was an urge for me to go. It wouldn't have made a difference if I was there or not; but still I felt burdened. So I slept and at 10plus I woke up again and told Sam I'll go.

We went for the service. I still didn't understand why He wanted me to be there; but after the service; I realized why. Firstly; it was only right to pay last respects to the deceased; especially a man of God who's been so faithful in serving Him. Secondly; the message was a reminder of what we're all living for.. Thirdly; I met many church and family friends; mostly pastors that I haven't seen for very long.

TBC.

No comments: