Friday, January 22, 2010

change

Confusion, illusions
Still I don’t know which way to go

There are things I'm beginning to see now. Things I didn't want to accept; but I finally am able to. You can't change anyone. Only He can.... I love one of the versions of the Serenity Prayer and it goes like this:

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change,
The courage to change the ones I can;
And the wisdom to know that it's me.

How true is that? Too often we think we can change people. We talk about how this person is like this and that and how we want to change them. But we fail to see that it's not in our power to do so. We can only pray that He would change them. But way before we do that, we need to realize we have to change too. Whether big or small, all of us could surely do with a change for the better..

Haven't been doing much at home. Had a cook-out at Sue Li's house on Wednesday with 8 other people. It was alright. Today was interesting though; went out with Jane and Phil to check some stuff out. Drove to town and such; it was the furthest I've driven to and on the way back it started raining heavily and it was getting dark. A new experience; a first and according to Phil, I leveled up. Lol. Oh and Conty; you'd be glad to know I went pass 60 =P. Just grateful and thank God nothing bad happened...

We had tea in a place called DeLight Cafe; beside Old Town Kopitiam (the two-storey branch in Greentown). The drinks there are pretty nice; ice-blended ones especially. Was sick of Old Town since going back to college means alot of Old Town visits. And I always prefer the REAL old town white coffee; so much better.

2 more days.

Even if it hurts; I won't know it.

No comments: