Tuesday, November 10, 2009

alpha retreat

So as I mentioned; 26 of us students went to Fraser's Hill along with 6 college staff and lecturers. It was a refreshing time for most of us especially after we just had our trials the week before. 2 days were not enough but it was definitely a good break. A much needed one.

We left college at around 8.30 and reached the foothill close to 11. Had a winding journey up; reminded me of those times I used to puke. Lol. And when we reached; we had to walk up; was pretty tiring and nearly all of us were complaining. Haha. But when we saw the place; we were pretty much impressed. Lunch came soon after and it was seriously good. More than enough. It was a full course Western meal. Bread and Soup; Mashed Potatoes; Vege; Pork Chops and Banana Fritter Cake.. Settled down in the rooms and then we had two of the Alpha sessions. After that we had tea. Had scones. Really nice. Free time after that; some of us played Captain Ball and as I expected; the ball eventually was thrown over and rolled down to the jungle. It was just a matter of when. It fell a few times; but they still managed to get it cause there was a fence. But then someone threw it real hard and it got stuck in a bush after the fence. The guys took a long stick to try to take it out, but they pushed it down instead. We were joking about all the balls that could've been lost as well. It started raining then; so I guess it was just in time.

Dinner was great as well. Another full course meal. This time the main dish was chicken with gravy and potatoes. Had our third alpha session at night. We had to do a short skit with items that were given to us. Haha; my group was the last to perform and since the time allocated was only 3 minutes; I stopped the story halfway cause I didn't know what to say anymore. The night was pretty much for ourselves; there wasn't really any curfew. The good thing about having small groups =). So some played Pictionary, some Taboo.. I'm glad I decided not to play though I initially wanted to; God knew what I needed at that time and He provided for that need through a person. =). It was time well spent. The next day; after breakfast, we had our last alpha session for the retreat and ministry time as well. Oh and my group won The 'Academy Award' cause we were the fastest to complete charades in all rounds. The first one was the fastest; Wei Ren did just one action for Cowboy and Vincent got it right away. Haha. Then at 11 we left the place. Most of us felt rather sad cause we wished we could've had more time there... It was really relaxing. This time; the bus came up abit so we didn't have to walk that much. We went to the town awhile; then went to the playground, yes playground. Left the place at 12.30 Then we stopped at Kuala Kubu Baru for lunch and reached KL at 4. And on the way back; me and the guys were so bored at the back we started singing. We edited the 'If You're Happy And You Know It' song to If You're Dizzy and You Know It'. And they made gross puking sounds. Lol. Now pictures..

Me, Wei Han and Chuen Hoe




Julius and Isaac


Group's skit








It's been ages since I played the monkey bars!




Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I had many things off my mind most of the time. It was a good break. Got 'bullied' by the guys. Their room was opposite mine; the moment I came out of it all of them came with pillows and I was left defenseless. Hah. And now nearly everyone knows my nickname. Won't blame them. There's some truth after all. Heh. I got to know some people better. Loved the company. I'd love to go there again someday. I wish I could just go back; get everything off my mind. It's back to reality now.

No comments: