Monday, November 2, 2009

a surprise?

Thought I could be strong, but it's killing me.

If you're hurting, letting it out does bring some sort of relief. But if you're hurting and yet you just can't let it out, it's either you're not really hurting anymore or it's too much that it seems like it's slipped away. Right now, I'm not sure which extreme I'm at.

Nevertheless, I'm actually okay. Thanks to my college mates who seriously made my day. Was very stressed out due to something. Lesson learnt: Don't take on anything without thinking of the consequences. Too often we do something without counting the cost and what the outcome might be. Sometimes we won't have to pay for it; but it causes unnecessary worries.

Hah, anyway had Lit paper today at 12.30. Ended at 2.45. Me, Praise, Vicki and Marian sat in Amanda's car to Mid Valley. Manda asked me on Friday night whether I wanted to go there after exams just to hang out. I asked who's going and she said she wasn't sure. I honestly thought it was just a normal de-stress thing. And I thought only us from arts would go; those who're taking Accounting and Lit since it was the only two papers left for my batch. So I ended up calling a few of my college mates from the Science stream. They ask me what we were gonna do and I said I have no idea. It didn't cross my mind I guess.

So when we reached; we went to Red Box. Manda suddenly told me to go in first. And then you can guess what happened. I entered and the room was dark; saw the candle and everyone started singing. They sang like three times cause there was like background music from the TV. Hah. I wish I have the picture of the cake now. Cause instead of the normal "Happy (age) Birthday (insert name here)," it was "Happy Birthday Jungle Woman. Ooh Aah Aah". My friends love me so much!! Haha, I was named Jungle Girl after orientation camp cause most of my friends fell sick but I survived and was extremely hyper. So it stayed and became an inside joke. Eng Hoe told me that they wanted to put Jungle Girl - Jungle Woman or something like that to show how I'm a 'big' girl now but there wasn't any space. And they added some sound effect as well.

Then they asked me to sing the first song which happened to be Fallin' For You. And then it was just singing and chilling out. Didn't sing that much actually; only for some songs but I still enjoyed myself. Thanks again guys for everything. I've been really blessed with such great friends and this came the right time. =). And some of them were so good at acting also. Cause when I called them to come to hang out they were so blur. And Eunice said she wasn't coming but she was there! Haha.

I'll post the pictures when I get them. Till then. -out-

No comments: